- Another driver cuts your off in an effort to make a yellow light so they can arrive at their destination sooner.... WTF???
- You are sitting in a meeting and you offer comments that are seemingly ignored. Then what seems like just seconds later, another participant in the meeting offers the same comment that you had just made and seems to receive praise for their comment... WTF???
- You are having a conversation with a person face to face, and a third person approaches the person you are speaking with and interrupts with a question of their own... WTF???
- A project is completed in your office that has taken a very long time to complete and has been promised to be the saving grace that all have been waiting for. When it's rolled out, there are more problems post implementation than there were previously... WTF???
- As a parent, you are constantly approached by your child's school for fundraisers, donations, etc., that just seems endless and non-budgeted. As a parent, you want to participate because you know what non-participation could potentially do for your child socially... WTF???
Here's an approach for you.... Bank It. Remember Karma is a bitch!
While you may not be able to change the situation immediately, especially in the workplace, remember that every situation has a result, either positive or negative. It is easy to become frustrated, all of us have done this, but this could actually be a learning opportunity for ourselves if we look hard enough.
Look at the current situation in its totality and what decisions have occurred to arrive at the present place. How could better decision making in the future avoid negative consequences in the future. By taking a step back and becoming an observer, rather than a participant in a situation, can you become a better decision maker? Just a thought.
This week when you are just thinking to yourself, WTF? Just document and deposit the situation, and bring it back when the time is more appropriate, not in an "I told you so" moment, but rather in a how do we avoid the same situation from occurring again.
It has been a while since I have posted a blog, so please have a great week and don't dwell in WTF!!!